Wednesday, August 19, 2015




Besomim Spice Box Arrangement

This arrangement was ordered recently by a client for a Bar Mitzvah weekend.  The family was staying at their beachfront summer house, hence the theme.
I had bought the wooden tray at a warehouse sale not quite knowing what to do with it, but not being able to resist it either.  The round boxes are actually made from the bark of a cinnamon tree and smell delicious.  I filled them with a custom mixture of spices, petals and slivers of mother of pearl. (see picture)
The client had mentioned that she was using a navy and white color scheme.  When I did this mockup, I didn't quite like the color tones.  Although I thought it looked great as is, I wanted a more white look as opposed to a  green one.  My next step was to spray the green sea urchins a matte white.  I then glued  down all the shells leaving spaces for the round boxes.  The boxes were wedged in by the shells but were easily removed.







This is what it looked like with
the sea urchins painted white.
  It definitely looked cleaner
 and brighter.















And this is with the boxes open.  I
really loved the way they came out.











No comments:

Post a Comment